Bought a Fermentasaurus with ball lock posts and a jacket, following up with a spunding valve for fermenting under pressure.
So far I have mixed feelings - but would probably put that down to being new to it all.
The fermenter got up to pressure but would not hold it, and the jacket methinks could do with some improvements.
Firstly, the fermenter not holding pressure may have been my fault. Since its first use with a FWK, I've cleaned it and it now has a bucket of Starsan in it and I've added pressure of 10psi. Changes I've made are lubing the top seal a bit more, and leaving the spunding valve off. So far, so good, and pressure is being maintained. In a day or so I'll add the spunding valve back on and monitor it again. I'm sure I'll track down my error soon enough.
The Fermentasaurus jacket does the job and fits nice and snugly. However modifications it could do with include: a better quality zip (mine catches in a couple of places); a couple of heavy duty fabric handles to assist manoeuvrability; A metal or plastic flat-bottomed dish with say a 1/2" straight side that fits into the bottom of the jacket - 2-fold advantage of allowing the fermenter/stand to be easily inserted and removed, and a muck catcher when installing and removing the collection bottle; possibly a tiny inside pocket on the jacket to hold a temperature sensor.
Although I didn't do a proper post-to-post transfer, I did do a pressure-forced transfer from post straight into the open keg, and it was a pleasure. Love the floating pickup combined with the see-through Fermentasaurus! Ensured just the good stuff's in my keg. Shall give it several days of forced carbonation and then test the results, and shall apply lessons learned in my next FWK or end-to-end brew.
And... cleaning was a breeze. Wasn't looking forward to it, but a properly sized and shaped brush did the trick. Fortunately too I'm a weakling, so was able to get my whole arm in there.